Premier Fitness & Performance provides Internships on a yearly basis to successful candidates with the opportunity to be educated on the latest scientifically based training methods in athlete and adult training. The successful candidates will gain “hands on” practical training experience and will learn the Premier training system with daily lectures and on floor training protocols. The Premier training system is highly education based and focuses on an integrated training approach.
- Must be enrolled in an Exercise Science program at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level in Junior or Senior year.
- Great Personality, ability to Motivate athletes and are passionate about helping athletes succeed in sport and life.
- Must be a self starter, be willing to learn and be a team player for consideration.
- Experience in competitive athletics (preferred)
- Creative thinker (ability to think outside the box and come up with new ideas to make company better)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Learning the Premier training system
- Working with small groups of athletes and private clients
- Assisting the PFP team with athlete training modification to accommodate unique needs of clients that include Competitive preparation, Recovery and regeneration, testing and data entry.
- Assisting with facility cleaning, setting up and preparing the facility for training sessions.
The majority of PFP employee hires come from within the organization. Your internship is a great opportunity for you to learn and fully understand our training system while showcasing your talent and ability with a possible opportunity for a career upon completion.
This is an unpaid internship and typically lasts a school semester or 12-16 weeks in length (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall) Summer Internship length may vary. Interns are required to work Monday-Friday and some weekends (rotating schedule).
- You must be able to receive college credit for the internship.
- Experience in personal training, strength and conditioning coaching, or related fitness field.
- Relevant educational background such as exercise science, kinesiology, pre-physical therapy, biomechanics, or athletic training with relevant course work (anatomy and physiology, exercise science, nutrition, statistics).
- Available to commit to the entire length of the internship (dates vary by season/semester) and work 30-40 hours per week.
All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume by the following dates to be considered for an interview:
- Summer – April 15
- Fall – June 1st
- Winter – November 1st
- Spring – January 21st
Premier Fitness & Performance
9043 Dutton Dr.
Twinsburg, OH 44087
To apply for a PFP internship, email your cover letter, resume, and 3 references to: Lenny Karpinski with Internship in the Subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org